Though we are in a phased process of lock down being lifted, there are several restrictions and safety protocols which must be followed to ensure we can operate safely. These restrictions, documented in the safety protocol below, are an outcome of a risk assessment completed for our specific circumstances.
1. Skill levels: Attendance for Phase 3 starting on 29th June is open to all members who are L2s and over including junior members. At this time are not accepting new members who do not have at least a L2 skills award.
2. Member Declaration: All members taking part in club activities must complete the following declaration at least 3 days prior to returning to paddling and every 14 days thereafter.
3. Safety Protocol: This protocol contains important information regarding the control measures we have put in place to ensure a safe return to paddling. All members attending any sessions must read, understand and submit an electronically signed copy of the protocol before attending any sessions. Any queries on any aspects of the protocol contact any Committee Member.
4. Attendance: Attendance must be booked in advance for each session via the eventbrite link below. If you do not book in advance you cannot partake as participation is limited each night. The group leader on each night will have the attendance log and members must be checked off by the group leader prior to participation. Please only book a session if you are absolutely sure you can attend as places are limited. Also please note session start time is 6pm each evening.
You can register via the link below:
5. Gear Use: Members who have their own gear must use their own gear. Use of club gear is allowed however gear must be thoroughly cleaned down after use and prior to storage by following the protocol provided.
We understand some of the above measures are restrictive but we would ask members for cooperation during this time to ensure that we can all get back out on the water as quickly and safely as possible.
Any questions on any of the above please contact any member of the club Committee or Enda, SKC Safety Officer.