UPDATE: All new information will be posted to our dedicated Covid-19 Information page.
With the easing of lock down restrictions we are now in a position to begin a start getting back out on the water. There are however several restrictions and safety protocols which must be followed to ensure we do so safely:
1. Skill levels: Attendance for Phase 2 is open to L2s and over, adults only, up to 15 people (after an initial ramp up period of 2 weeks with a restriction of max 8 people) in total and attendees must be able to self-rescue. Self-rescue can include someone holding the nose of your boat to support or swimming to shore however our normal assisted rescue breaks social distancing guidelines so is restricted.
2. Member Declaration: Members must complete the following declaration at least 3 days prior to returning to paddling and every 14 days thereafter.
3. Safety Protocol: This protocol contains important information regarding the control measures we have put in place to ensure a safe return to paddling. All members attending any sessions must read, understand and submit an electronically signed copy of the protocol before attending any sessions. Any queries on any aspects of the protocol contact any Committee Member.
4. Attendance: Attendance must be booked in advance for each session via the eventbrite link below. If you do not book in advance you cannot partake as participation is limited each night. The group leader on each night will have the attendance log and members must be checked off by the group leader prior to participation. Please only book a session if you are absolutely sure you can attend as places are limited. Also please note change of session start times to 7pm each evening.
You can register here:
5. Gear Use: Members who have their own gear must use their own gear. Use of club gear is allowed however gear must be thoroughly cleaned down after use and prior to storage by following the protocol provided below below.
We understand some of the above measures are quite restrictive but we would ask members for cooperation during this time to ensure that we can all get back out on the water as quickly and safely as possible.
Any questions on any of the above please contact any member of the club Committee or Enda, SKC Safety Officer.