Irishwhitewater is a good source of river information.
Tide tables for Sligo Bay. Invaluable when planning a trip on the Garavogue.
Paddlesurf is the portal for kayak surfing and waveski riding in Ireland.
Surf forcasting charts. Useful when trying to decide where to surf.
Playak. Lots of kayaking info online.
Sligo Triathlon Club. Our local Triathalon Club.
Irish Water Safety – your on-line guide to all things water safety
There is a wealth of kayaking knowledge online; below are just a selection of some of our favourite articles/videos.
- A short guide to River Classifications
- Glossary of Basic White Water Kayaking Terms
- Beginners Guide to Kayak Terminology
- How to read water
- How to Avoid Elbow and Wrist Tendonitis–for Paddlers
- Stretches and Techniques to Alleviate Paddlers’ Back Pain
- Shoulder Strengthening Exercises for Paddlers
- Try These Pelvis Stretches for Paddlers
- Core Exercises for Paddlers, Part I & Part II
p.s. try yoga!
Don’t let fear hold you back…
A comfort zone is a lovely place, but nothing grows there!